In this chapter, John recanted a life transforming encounter with Curt Kampmeier.Mr Kampmeier asked him one question that will change his life.
"Do you have a plan for your personal growth?"
While John was pondering on what this thought provoking questions he stumbled on eight misconceptions about growth that may be holding people back from being as intentional as they needed to be about personal development.
"This man's question long ago changed my life! Seeing Curt was one of the best Christmas gifts I've ever received. Why? Because personal growth changed my life. since my meeting with Curt back in 1974, I've planned it into my life, reading books, listening to great teachers, and developing measurable goals and plans to make it happen. I believe the consistent disciple of growth has made it possible for me to add value to people and achieve many of my goals. I believe it can be the same for you. And I'd like to help you as Curt helped me",
John MaxwellDon't let these misconceptions stop you from intentionally growing
- The Assumption Gap: many assumed that growth is automatic. It is not. The mind does not grow as the body does, you must be intentional about the process. No one improves by accident. You must take complete ownership of your growth process because no body will do it for you. You can't pay some one to do you push ups.
- The Time Gap: I will relate a riddle John's Dad always told them. "Five frogs are sitting on a log. Four decided to jump off. How many are left?" I would like you to share your answer with me. I will give the right answer after the first 50 persons have answered.
- The Mistake Gap: Many don't grow because they are afraid to make mistakes. Is fear stopping you?
- The Inspiration Gap: When you only do what is necessary when you feel like it then you are not ready for growth.
Growth doesn't just happen-not for me, not for you, not for anybody. You have to go after it.
No comments:
Post a Comment