Tuesday, 12 January 2016

WHO ARE YOU

                                WHO ARE YOU

Most times when people are asked this question, they are found lost for words. I have found my self in that situation not a few times. I read a story that radically changed the paradigm of how I saw my self. Enjoy the short story
                  A beggar sat on a branch in the park. Dirty, his dog too was just 
            as he was. Not long after, an artist came and started drawing an image of the beggar.
                He drew the beggar and at the end he showed him. It was not exactly as the beggar 
                                     thought it would be. He said, "That's not me".
                  He drew the beggar in a nice clean suit, his dog was drawn cleaned up and shinning.
             The beggar was wearing the best of cloths money could ever buy and said "what is this?"
                   The artist replied, "that is the you i see in you". The beggar responded, "if that is the  
                           me you see in me, i choose to be what you saw in me"     
This story has helped me as a teacher. I am always under this positive delusion that all the kids in my class are good for something. I make it my personal responsibility to make them see that they are suited up for success. But for most people out there, who they think they are is not who they really are. Most people live all through their lives as complete strangers to themselves. Can i ask you a question, do you know you? If I could come and have a one on one conversation with you, there is one thing am sure to see. Greatness! Do you know you matter. If you told me you don't I wouldn't believe you because that's a lie. You were created on purpose for a purpose. I encourage you to take yourself to lunch. Enjoy the meal of solitude tonight, goodnight.



                                       
               

No comments:

Post a Comment